ANAMET S.A. is committed to operate with responsibility and respect for the environment and society. Sound environmental management of production, storage installations and business processes is one of the most important operational goals and is essential to secure the sustainability of the Company’s activities.
Within the aforementioned framework, ANAMET S.A. commits to:
- Operate in compliance with applicable environmental legislation and other company commitments, as well as with the specific environmental operational terms of each installation;
- Operate responsibly, aiming to minimise potential impacts to the environment and biodiversity, and set up mechanisms for monitoring environmental aspects and risks;
- Set targets of the Companies’ environmental management systems, as well as goals for continuously improving their environmental performance and minimizing their environmental footprint;
- Strive to increase use of secondary raw materials in order to contribute to a circular economy and minimize products’ carbon footprint while at the same time optimize all processes and develop new technologies that allow for minimum generation of waste;
- Manage operational waste according to the principles of the circular economy;
- Take the necessary preventive measures to ensure environmental protection for the storage of hazardous substances;
- Recognize that water is a precious natural resource and that water resources must be conserved and aquatic life must be protected. The Companies shall make efficient use of water in their operations and will strive to increase the efforts to reduce water consumption, and increase water reuse and recycling;
- Address any potential environmental incidents by following the designated procedure of environmental incident response and relevant investigation;
- Communicate our performance transparently and participate in an open dialogue on environmental issues with all stakeholders.
- Encourage business partners (suppliers, subcontractors) to adopt the same environmental principles as Viohalco companies.
ANAMET S.A. shall comply with the provisions of the Environmental policy as well as applicable environmental legislation and regulations.
Governance and accountability
Responsibility for the implementation of this Policy lies with the most senior executive responsible for the company.